Thursday, October 31, 2013
October 30, 2013 Letter to Michelle Duffy, Spokeswoman, The Moreland Commission to Investigate Public Corruption.
Dear Ms. Duffy;
I testified at the first Commission hearing on September 17th, 2013 at Pace University. I recently looked at the transcript of the September 17th hearing that the commission posted with a link from your website.
I compared the written transcript regarding my portion of the testimony with the audiovisual record of the hearing and found that there were many conspicuous errors in it. For example, my name "Galison" is represented as "Galveston" 19 times, and is not spelled correctly once. There are many other errors as well, some trivial and some substantive.
I have several questions regarding the transcript and the errors therein.
1) Does "the record" of the proceedings reflect the above mentioned transcript or the audiovisual recording (video)? By "the record" I am specifically referring to "the record" that is mentioned on your announcement of September 19th which states "All written testimony that is submitted will be included in the record of the proceedings".
2) Did the Commission check the accuracy of the transcript against the audiovisual record (video) before publishing it on the internet?
3) Did the Commission make any corrections to the original transcript before it was published on the internet?
4) Will the Commission review errors brought to their attention by witnesses who believe that their testimony has been misrepresented?
5) Will the Commission make corrections to the written transcript if it becomes aware of errors in it?
6) If so, will the Commission publish the corrected version of the transcript on the internet?
7) Does "the record" include all written testimony that is submitted by witnesses as stated on your website?
8) Where can "the record" be found?
Please answer all of the above questions as soon as possible as I am working on an article regarding this topic and my deadline is end of day tomorrow, Friday, November 1. 2013. If I do not hear from you by end of day November 1, 2013, I will be forced to report that you declined to answer the questions. With the exception of the first and last questions, "Yes" or "No" answers will suffice, but feel free to comment further.
Reporter, Backstair News
NO RESPONSE FROM MICHELLE DUFFY